It is a plant that grows in the temperate regions of our country, usually in spring and should not be missing from the tables of individuals who take care of healthy nutrition thanks to its low-calorie rich content.
Artichoke vitamin storage
According to the researches, artichoke; It is rich in phosphorus, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. In addition, being rich in fiber helps the digestive system.
Why should we consume artichokes?
- Thanks to its high protein content, it strengthens the heart muscle and lowers the urea level, allowing the heart to work comfortably.
- With its iron-rich aspect, it is recommended for iron deficiency anemia.
- Thanks to its antioxidant feature, it helps the toxic substances to be removed from the body and supports the healthy functioning of the liver.
- The potassium mineral in its structure regulates the sodium-potassium balance in the body and regulates blood pressure.
- It is known that it protects our body against cancer thanks to its quersetin and antioxidants.
- The substance called “cinarin” in the artichoke helps to reduce the bad cholesterol in the blood.
- High fiber structure has blood sugar stabilizing effect. Artichoke with olive oil or meat for diabetics improves nutritional quality. It has a positive effect on sugar control.
- It helps to reduce nicotine levels accumulating in the body in smoking individuals.
- 100 g of cooked artichoke is 53 calories. It is among the healthy foods preferred by individuals who want to lose weight due to its low calorie.
In addition to all these healthy aspects, it has an unknown aspect that not only appeals to our body but also to our soul. The artichoke you put in a vase will bloom in a short time. It nourishes our soul thanks to its purple flower and fragrance.