Children preparing for the exam and school term
- They can contribute to their success and motivation, especially if they pay attention to a balanced and healthy diet during the exam week. First, plan yourself a balanced diet in the form of 3 main and 2-3 snacks.
- Avoid foods such as chocolate, sweets and biscuits that contain simple sugar before and during the exam. Never skip breakfast, which is the most important meal to meet your brain’s energy needs. Eat fish 3-4 days a week and add cinnamon to your tea
- Nutrition also plays an important role in student success. For this reason, students should implement a conscious and healthy nutrition program both during the YGS and LYS preparatory periods and during the exam periods throughout the academic year.
- It should not be forgotten that; There is no miracle food that affects success during the exam. However, adequate – balanced – conscious nutrition that includes all nutrients during the exam preparation period It positively affects physical and mental health, reduces stress effects and contributes to school / exam success.
- Plan a balanced and adequate diet to consume 3 main 2-3 snacks for your children. In the snacks, choose foods that will both prevent sudden ups and downs of blood sugar and prevent distraction of the child, positively affect brain functions, and reduce stress.
- Breakfast, which is the most important meal to meet the energy needs of the brain; It should consist of adequate-balanced and consciously prepared foods. About 10 to 12 hours pass between dinner and breakfast. During this period, the body uses almost all the energy it provides from nutrients. If breakfast is not served in the morning, not enough energy is produced for brain functions. Fatigue, headache, decreased attention and perception can be seen.
- Studies have shown that students having breakfast at school are much better than those who do not attend school and do not. Breakfast is of great importance both during the exam morning and throughout the preparation period.
- In the morning, 1 whole egg should be consumed every other day as a fully balanced protein. Instead of tea and coffee, which have a stimulating effect at breakfast; Mix mate tea + ginger + clove + cinnamon stick + lemon slice teas mixed.
- It is beneficial to consume cinnamon due to its regulatory effect on blood sugar. One should add 1 cinnamon stick to all the tea and coffee he drinks in order to balance blood sugar and ensure long-term concentration.
Sugar brings sleep in exam and school term
Our brain uses carbohydrates as an energy source. However, when we say carbohydrates, we shouldn’t think of simple sugar first.
It should not be forgotten that; the brain uses sugar in the blood as energy. Contrary to popular belief, table sugar, simple carbohydrates, does not meet the brain’s need for sugar because it raises and lowers blood sugar rapidly and causes hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in the blood. This situation; It causes distraction, impaired concentration, and drowsiness.
Therefore, food that contains high amounts of simple sugar for children before the exam and during the preparation period; namely chocolate, candy, bonibon, jellybeans, sweets and biscuits are one of the biggest mistakes made.
Increases fish learning in exam and school term
Fish meat should be consumed 3-4 days a week before the exam. Fish, which is a very rich source of omega 3, strengthens memory, increases learning and concentration. In addition, during the preparation period for the exam, 1 full walnut – omega 3 source consumption every morning is very important to increase the concentration.
The B functions of the brain and the nervous system are also very important. For this reason, whole wheat / rye breads should be preferred because of keeping the blood sugar stable and being a rich source of B vitamins.
Milk and buttermilk for the evening in exam and school term
As a snack, 3-4 black plums + 1 whole walnut can be a very rich option in terms of vitamins and minerals. Since it causes sleep complaints when consumed during the day, choose foods such as milk yoghurt and buttermilk in your intermediate meal 2.5 hours before bedtime.
If you do not suffer from constipation, make sure your child eats 1 banana every day, both serotonin-triggers the secretion of happiness hormone and is a rich source of potassium. Therefore, you will also avoid distractions.
Open up his mind with Echinacea in exam and school term
In the preparation period for the exam, it is very important for children to have a strong immune system and not to get infected, in terms of mental and physical performance. Therefore, you can additionally make your children drink 1 cup of echinacea tea 3-4 days a week.
In this period, foods with high antioxidant content are very important in order to reduce stress and tension. Dried plums, black grape dried berries, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, pineapples and apple crustaceans are rich sources of antioxidants.
Recommendations for the day before the exam
FEED AT HOME, NOT OUTSIDE
Feeding the night before the exam is as important as breakfast. Students should eat food prepared with fresh foods at home in case of any food poisoning. They should not eat the food that they have not consumed before, they should not prefer to eat outside.
STAY AWAY FROM GAS CONSTRUCTIONS
Foods such as legum, cabbage, leek, celery, pea, bulgur pilaf, barren, lentil patties should be avoided the day before.
PROTECT YOUR STOMACH
Considering that it may cause stomach ailments, frying in oil, mixed dishes formed with the combination of many foods, very fatty, heavy-sauce dishes should not be preferred, and as little processed and plain foods as possible should be preferred.
ALLERGIES, ATTENTION TO THE EGG
We are in an era when allergies increase by season. Eggs are among our allergic foods; Therefore, attention should be paid to egg consumption. Parents should be more careful about eggs if the child is allergic to various foods or pollen.
MERSIN INSTEAD OF SUGAR DURING THE EXAM
As a snack; Blueberries with low glycemic index (may cause constipation if consumed too much), black plum dried, raw hazelnut, almond and walnut can be preferred.
FOR A BEAUTIFUL SLEEP FROM THE STRESS AFTER THE DINNER
In 500 ml of hot water; Mix 1 tea bag of chamomile + 1 tea bag of melissa + 1 tea bag of cinnamon cloves. Drink 1 cup for our candidate who will take the exam 1-2 hours before bedtime. This tea mixture will both provide comfortable sleep and minimize stress factor.
POINTS TO BE CONSIDERED
Salty food should not be avoided: Excessive salty foods that may cause thirst during the test should be avoided (pickled, sausage, salted pretzels etc.).
Prefer herbal tea: For breakfast, tea with caffeine, fresh green tea, cinnamon, cloves, apples, rosehips such as cinnamon, can be preferred instead of coffee.
Be relaxed: The correct, normal behavior should be preserved as much as possible. Foods that have not been consumed before at the dinner and breakfast should not be tried before the exam; families should not insist and be frightening about this.
Do not skip the snack: During the exam preparation period, snacks should never be skipped to prevent low blood sugar.
1 handful of pumpkin seeds at night: If you have frequent urination at night, 1 handful of pumpkin seeds can be consumed in the snack before bedtime. In this way, your sleep is not divided, you will sleep deeper and more comfortably.
Do not drink too much liquid: Caffeinated, carbonated beverage, tea and coffee should not be consumed 2.5 – 3 hours before bedtime. Also, not too much liquid should be taken. Excess fluid can urinate frequently at night and make the person sleepless.
Sample menu for the exam evening:
grilled steak / steak
artichoke with olive oil
salad with greens – with olive oil
1-2 slices of rye bread or 2-3 tablespoons of plain (lean) pasta
Sample menu for breakfast
Whole wheat – rye – multigrain bread (rich source of vitamins of group B is important for brain functions)
1 whole walnut + 2-3 raw hazelnuts / almonds (important source of magnesium, important for brain functions)
Low-fat white cheese
1 cup of freshly squeezed apple juice (preventing stress, pain and fatigue + important for brain functions)
3-4 black plum dried (rich in iron minerals, important for concentration and attention)
1 whole egg (rich protein source and effective sample protein in blood sugar regulation)