Moringa tea is a tea obtained from the leaves of Moringa Oleifera and has become popular in our country recently. Moringa plant is also known as miracle plant since all parts from root to leaves are very useful.
Moringa, or Moringa Oleifera, in its full name, is a medicinal plant that is native to India and is grown in other countries such as Pakistan, Nepal, Philippines. It has been used for generations in the Eastern countries for the prevention and treatment of many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, anemia and arthritis.
All parts of the Moringa plant such as root, shell, leaf, seed, flower, cocoon and fruit are edible sources of healing. But it is more common to use more powdered leaves as a natural food supplement. The leaves of the Moringa plant are considered a true miracle food in many countries of the world.
The benefits of Moringa tea
As mentioned above, Moringa is used as a traditional medicine in many diseases. Moringa tea obtained from moringa leaf is consumed in our country and its weakening properties are generally known.
Besides its slimming feature, moringa leaf has many health benefits that are scientifically supported with its rich mineral and nutrient content. Especially those who regularly consume moringa tea realize these benefits in a short time.
- Moringa leaf is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It contains a significant amount of vitamins A, C and E. It is also rich in calcium, potassium and protein.
- It contains flavonoids, polyphenols, and antioxidants called ascorbic acid in moringa leaves, flowers, and seeds. Antioxidants are molecules that fight cell damage and inflammatory conditions. In one study, it was found that the nutritional supplement obtained from the leaves had higher antioxidant properties than the flowers and seeds.
- It is beneficial in protecting eye health with its high vitamin A concentration.
- It regulates the work of the digestive system and helps to eliminate the problem of constipation.
- Accelerate metabolism and prevent fat storage in the body. It also gives a feeling of satiety. So it is beneficial for healthy slimming.
- Moringa leaf is a natural anti-aging, anti-aging product. The aging of the skin slows down in those who regularly drink moringa tea. These people have a more beautiful and young skin. The positive effects of tea are noticeable on hair and nails. Moringa powder can also be used as a skin mask.
- Moringa leaf powder is effective in lowering body glucose levels and reducing cell damage in diabetic patients. It has been observed that it reduces blood sugar and cholesterol in regular use.
- As it lowers blood cholesterol level, it protects against heart disease and arteriosclerosis.
- It is also known to have benefits in maintaining brain functions. For this reason, it is also used in the treatment of alzheimer’s disease.
- It helps to protect liver health with its antioxidant feature.
How is Moringa tea used?
Moringa tea, tea bags are sold as much in Turkey. For this reason, it is extremely easy and practical to use and prepare. Tea bags can be easily prepared and consumed after pouring boiling water over it for 4-5 minutes.
Eating moringa tea regularly in the morning and evening every day means that you will start to see its benefits soon.
Side effects of Moringa tea
Moringa tea, which has extremely beneficial properties, has some known side effects. Although these are not very important effects, it will be useful to know. These extremely rare side effects;
- Sour in the stomach
- It can be listed as contraction in the uterus.
- In rare cases, pregnant women should not drink moringa tea as it may cause miscarriage in the uterus.